Welcome to the Perk

Welcome to the Perk
Perkins Stadium

Thursday, August 6, 2015

A lttle Chemo and Website work for me today



I hope you all are enjoying my return to blogging UW-Whitewater football stories here on my brand new, Voice's Eye on Warhawk Football Website. I'm currently in my 384th day since being diagnosed with inoperable and incurable stage IV colorectal cancer with liver metastases.

I'm sitting in my chair this morning here at the infusion center here in Madison getting my weekly chemo infusion. My computer's on my lap and the people here are awesome! 

Why am I back promoting Warhawk football on the internet? Simple - it has been my passion since 1988. Battling cancer is extremely scary! Even though I'm fighting an "inoperable and incurable life-threatening disease, I recently came to the conclusion that doing what I love would be some of  the best therapy I could get in at this juncture of my life.

I miss very much having my Warhawkfootball.com Website. I'm so thankful it is now in the capable hands of Jay Perkins. lease visit his site daily throughout the upcoming season.

M new Website will continue to feature stories in a magazine format. Once the players arrive for training camp I'll be conducting player and coaches interviews, As was the case before, I want to put a "face" on the No. 1 NCAA III football program in the country.

Again, my site will include plenty of photos. I'll also have an online interactive poll each week. I also want to add "commentary" posts.

Hopefully, I'll be allowed in the press box this season after a year off. I missed not being in the press Box greatly last year.

 I truly believe my work adds significantly to the public perception of the Warhawk football program. I pledge to do the best job possible. You can bet on that!  GO HAWKS

No comments:

Post a Comment