Welcome to the Perk

Welcome to the Perk
Perkins Stadium

Monday, August 10, 2015

It was on this date in 2004 that I launched my Warhawkfootball.com Website.

                                              
Today marks a special anniversary for me.  It was on this date in 2004 that I launched my Warhawkfootball.com Website. 

The idea for the site occurred after, then UW-Whitewater head coach Bob Berezowitz and I, talked about a Mount Union football fan site at the time, and how it promoted the iconic NCAA Division 3 program.

As opposed to the Mount Union site, I elected to incorporate a "magazine style" site that included stories on a daily basis throughout the season. Most of my stories I wrote. Others included a lead-in to another media story that I would link the reader to.

 Never did I realize how popular the site would become. It registered over 2 1/2 million hits over its 10 years of existence.

Last year, in the midst of being diagnosed with being diagnosed with inoperable and incurable stage IV colorectal cancer with liver metastases, I missed renewing my domain. As a result, the Warhawkfootball.com domain was available.

Jay Perkins, the son of iconic UW-Whitewater football coach Forrest Perkins, purchased the domain name and has made Warhawkfootball.com even better than through my 14 years at the helm.

I recently launched my Voices Eye on Warhawk Football Website, not to be in competition with Jay, but to give UW-Whitewater football fans around the country (and the world) another daily source for Warhawk football stories and information, 

My new site will feature more commentary along with player and coach interviews as I attempt to "put a face on UW-Whitewater football." In my mind, the No. 1 D3 football program in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment